Renew Domain Name
A: Renewal is necessary for all existing domain names registered under the latest HKDNR Registration Agreement to continue the domain name registration with HKDNR. You could check your agreement version at “WHOIS“.
A: Renewal should be completed before the expiry date. You could check the expiry date at “WHOIS“.
- You can renew your contract WITHIN 30 days before the expiry date. To proceed your renewal request, you do not have to submit the online renewal application form, HKIRC will send an overdue reminder to the administrative, technical and billing contacts of the domain name 30 calendar days prior to the expiry date. Upon receiving our reminder, you should submit the documentary proof (if applicable) together with the renewal fee (the contract year is set at 1 year; however, you can opt for your preferred contract period, for details please refer to Q4) marked with your domain name and the assigned tracking number (RNWxxxxxxx) to HKDNR before the expiry date.
- You can renew your contract anytime WITHIN 30 days before the expiry date (provided that there is no pending renewal application), and you are required to fill in the online renewal application form and follow the steps below to renew your contract:
- Enter the username and password;
- Select DOmain Manager and renew Domain;
- Click login and input domain name and read and accept Registration agreement, rules and Important Notice;
- Select contract years;
- Make online payment or quite the payment if you choose to use offline payment;
A: You can access and fill in the online application form for domain name renewal, and select your desired contract period and payment method at Step IV and V; however, after settling your payment, you cannot make change to the contract period and payment method.
A: If your domain name was registered ON or BEFORE 31 May 2001 and have NOT completed the re-registration process with HKDNR, you are required to send in the required document(s) for different types of domain names. For details please refer to Document(s).
A: Procedures for different types of domain name categories are as follows:
For “.com.hk” domain name holders:
- If the change is due to company restructure or merging, you are required to provide relevant documentary proof showing the relationship between the former organization and the new organization that will use the domain name.
- If the change has been endorsed by the Company Registry, you are required to provide us the Certificate of Incorporation on “Change of Name” together with the new Business Registration Certificate.
For “.org.hk”, “.net.hk”, “.gov.hk”, “.edu.hk” domain name holders:
You are required to provide relevant legal documentary proof to prove the change of organization name for verification.
Copy of the document(s) can be sent in by mail or fax to the contact details below. Remember to quote thedomain name and tracking number / purpose of change on all documents sent in.
Address: Unit 501, Level 5, Core C, Cyberport 3, 100 Cyberport Road Hong Kong
Fax: +852 23192626
A: Your renewal application will be rejected and your domain name will be deleted 30 days after the expiry date.
A: Depends on the contract period you selected. You can register your domain name with a contract period of 1, 2, 3 or 5 years.
A: Please refer to latest fee schedule of ‘.hk’ domain name.
A: There are several ways to settle your payment, please refer to Payment Methods for details.
A: Starting from 7th May 2003, applicant can settle payment for domain name renewal application by using credit card online. For details please refer to Payment Methods. Starting from July 2006, Online PPS payment method is also available.
A: Email notifications will be sent to all contacts upon receiving your application, and a subsequent email notification will be sent upon receipt of the required document(s) and/or payment, as well as when the renewal procedure has been completed. If no document(s) / payment is received, reminders will be sent on the 14th calendar day after your submission of application as well as after the expiry date. In addition, failure notifications will be sent if the renewal application cannot be completed within 30 days before the expiry date.
A: To change the contract period of your application, you can choose one of the following methods:
- go to our renew webpage and follow the online instructions to change your contract period (you can still choose offline payment channels if you change your contract period online);
- contact our Customer Service Representative at +852 23191313 for follow-up;
- mark your preferred contract period at the back of your cheque together with the domain name and tracking number if you settle payment by cheque.
A: In order to continue using the domain name, all domain name holders are required to show evidence of relevant registration in Hong Kong. If your company has moved to another country or already closed, you should inform HKDNR immediately or applying for a transfer of domain name and present the evidence of mutual consent between the Transferor and the Transferee, an entity which meets the requirement of using .hk domain name. For details please refer to FAQ of Domain Name Transfer.
If you have further enquiries, please contact us at +852 23191313 or by email email@example.com. Thank you.Last Updated: 19 / 08 / 2006