Public Voting for “Best .hk Website Awards 2016” is Open Now!
Cast your votes and win fantastic prizes
HONG KONG, 18 January 2017 –– Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation Limited (HKIRC) announced the commencement of public voting for the “Best .hk Website Awards 2016” (the Awards) today. From now till 8 February 2017(12:00nn), Hong Kong citizens can cast their votes in the “Most liked .hk websites” Award and enter a lucky draw for a chance to win a Lenovo IdeaPad 100S 14” Laptop, an Ultimate Ears UE ROLL Bluetooth Speaker, and a Xiaomi Mi Band 2.
This year, a total of 476 website entries have been enrolled, including 262 entries in the “Commercial” award category, 71 entries in the “Non-commercial” award category, 89 entries in the “Government Department” award category and 54 entries in the “LegCo Member” award category. Among those entries, 30 top-ranking websites have been short-listed for public voting, including 10 entries from “Commercial” entities, eight entries from non-commercial organisations and 12 entries from government departments. These 30 websites will compete for the “The Most Liked .hk Website Award” in each award category.
“This year marks the 8th year of “Best .hk Website Awards 2016”. Since 2008, we have witnessed the unwavering efforts of various industry sectors in website development, continuing to meet new heights of technology standards.” said Mr Leo Lam, CEO of HKIRC. “The “Best .hk Website Awards” has evolved into a well-established platform for various sectors in the local community to showcase their innovation and technology know-how, embracing digital technology to develop outstanding .hk websites and excel in their industry sectors.”
In the following stage, panels of judges will conduct final assessments of the shortlisted websites based on four judging criteria: overall website design and functionality, engagement, use of social media, and accessibility. Public voting results will account for 10% of the overall assessment, while the remaining 90% will be determined by the judging panels. Winning companies will be notified in March, while the results of the awards will be announced in April 2017.
From now till 8 February, 2017, Hong Kong citizens aged 18 years or above can visit www.bestwebsite.hk to vote for up to three of their favourite .hk websites in each award category. Voters will enter the lucky draw automatically. Results of the lucky draw will be announced on 20 March 2017 on the Awards website, as well as Sing Tao Daily and The Standard.